Are Silicone Rings Comfortable?
When you put on your metal wedding ring each day, whether it’s a wedding band or a diamond ring, do you think about how uncomfortable that ring can be? If you notice it on your finger at all during the day, chances are you have noticed the discomfort. Precious metals like gold, silver, and platinum—while they have long been the traditional material for wedding rings—are really not designed for comfort. Silicone rings, on the other hand, are some of the most comfortable rings you can buy for everyday wear.
The Discomfort of Metal Rings
That metal ring around your finger can be uncomfortable for a lot of reasons, and sometimes it can even become dangerous. The times when most people notice an uncomfortable metal ring include:
- During workouts when you’re trying to lift weights or use your hands and your ring gets in the way or pinches your finger
- During physical activities or on hot days when your fingers swell
- At work for those who work with your hands in professions like auto mechanics, construction, healthcare, electricians, military, and firefighting
- If it gets caught on something, either at work or just in your day-to-day life
Metal is a strong and durable material, but it’s not designed to stretch or move at all, which means if your hands are moving or your fingers are swelling, that ring could start to cut off circulation or become uncomfortable. In addition, metal wedding rings can become dangerous in settings where you are at risk for a ring avulsion injury. The injuries occur when your ring gets caught on something and doesn’t break; instead it’s your finger that will suffer the damage.
The Comfort of Silicone Rings
By contrast, silicone rings are made of rubber, which makes them capable of stretching, bending, flexing, and changing along with your hands throughout the day. They won’t cut off the circulation if your fingers start to swell and there’s no pinching or other discomfort as you use your hands.
Other benefits that make these rings more comfortable (and safer) include:
- Durability to withstand extremely hot or cold temperatures without getting damaged
- Medical-grade silicone materials that are hypoallergenic and safe for your skin
- Non-conductive so they won’t be a danger if you are working around electricity
- While these rings are very strong, they can break if they get caught on something, so it’s the ring that suffers the damage instead of your finger (don’t worry, they’re also really affordable if you have to replace them)
Choose Silicone Rings for Comfort and Safety
For a more comfortable ring to wear everywhere—from work to workouts and day jobs to weekend adventures—choose a silicone ring from Enso Rings. Find a huge selection of colors and styles and shop for the perfect silicone ring today.