Can Electricians Wear Silicone Rings?
Are you an electrician who cannot wear a wedding ring on the job because you’re concerned about your safety? That’s understandable, since nobody wants to suffer electrocution from a metal wedding ring. The great news is that there are more options today than just wearing a metal wedding band, and silicone rings provide you with the chance to continue wearing your wedding ring while working around electricity.
Silicone Rings are Non-Conductive
The primary benefit of silicone rings for electricians is the material that the rings are made of, silicone rubber, which is a non-conductive material. Rubber is a natural insulator, prohibiting the transfer of electricity. That means you can safely wear these rings around any electrical wiring and other components without a concern that they will put you at risk.
Other Benefits of Silicone Wedding Rings
In addition to electrical safety, many electricians prefer silicone rings because they offer other benefits:
- Superior comfort – the soft, stretchy material that silicone rings are made of is so comfortable to wear you will probably forget you even have it on during the day
- Breakaway safety – in addition to being non-conductive, these rings are designed to stretch and even break if necessary, so you don’t have to worry about catching your ring on a piece of equipment or machinery at work and suffering from a severe finger injury
- Durability – silicone rings are designed to withstand extremes up to almost 500 degrees and down to -75 degrees without suffering any damage, so they’re up to the task of whatever your electrician job requires
- Easy to clean – if your ring gets dirty, silicone can easily be cleaned with soap and warm water
- Light weight – silicone rubber is a much lighter material than traditional metal, so you will feel comfortable wearing it every day, and it fits snugly around your finger so there’s no need to worry that it will fall off
If you want to wear your ring at your electrician job (or your wife wants you to wear one), find the style and color you prefer at Enso Rings today.