Who Wears Silicone Wedding Rings?
By now you have probably heard about silicone wedding rings—and you’ve seen everyone from that one guy or girl at the gym to celebrities and professional athletes are wearing them—which may leave you wondering if a silicone ring is the right choice for you.
Silicone Ring Basics
A silicone ring is different from traditional metal rings because it’s made of, well, silicone. This material has lots of advantages for rings because it’s:
- Safe – unlike metal rings, silicone rings can stretch and even break if necessary, which helps protect your fingers from dangerous degloving or ring avulsion injuries
- Comfortable – because it stretches, it can flex to fit your finger at all times, including when your fingers swell from exercise, exertion, and just throughout the day
- Durable – silicone can withstand extremely high and low temperatures without getting damaged or changing its structure, so it can go anywhere you go
- Stylish – with a wide variety of colors and styles to choose from, you can get a silicone ring that matches any personality
Who Wears Silicone Rings
Since silicone rings are extremely durable and safe, there are a wide variety of people in many different professions and with a lot of different hobbies who wear silicone rings. Some of the most common include:
- Professions where a metal ring is considered unsafe or not allowed, such as electricians, construction workers, people operating heavy machinery, mechanics, military, firefighting, and law enforcement.
- Professions where a metal ring can get uncomfortable, such as physicians or nurses, fitness instructors, and recreational jobs.
- People with hobbies who want to be able to wear their ring, but where it could present a danger to your fingers or a risk of losing your ring, such as mountain biking, rock climbing, swimming, surfing, and working out.
Because of the many advantages that they offer, there are a lot of people who don’t have to wear a silicone wedding ring but choose to do so because they like it better or find that it’s more comfortable.
One More Reason to Consider Silicone Wedding Rings
In addition to all the reasons listed above, perhaps one of the biggest reasons that many people choose silicone wedding rings is that they are very affordable. The average cost for a silicone ring is between $30 and $50, even if you want to get it engraved or buy a special style or color. That’s less than 1% of the cost of an average engagement ring (which is somewhere around $5,900 according to The Knot), which can save a lot of money. Plus if something happens to your silicone ring you won’t need to come up with two or three months’ salary to replace it.
Find Your Silicone Ring Today
Whether you want to get a silicone ring you can wear only when your metal ring won’t work, or you’re ready to replace that metal ring entirely, check out Enso Rings to get the silicone wedding ring you really want.